15 Year Established Prime Location Donut Shop 001026
A well-established donut shop specializing in a wide variety of donuts and baked goods is available for acquisition. This business was originally established by the previous owner in 2005 and was acquired by the current owner in 2014. The business is occupied in a 950 SF space of a retail strip center located in a prime location surrounded by the national grocery market and enormous presence of retail chains with heavy traffic. Various menu items are provided at this donut shop range from coffee, beverages, baked goods such as pastries, sausage rolls, donuts, and crowd favorite croissant donuts; also accepts/provides custom donut orders ranging from kid-friendly custom-designed donuts to birthday letters. A majority of the customers are middle to high-income individuals and families that consist good mix of all demographics that are from the surrounding densely populated residential neighborhood while the Caucasian customers are predominant for this business. About 75% of the customer base is white-collar while the remaining 25% is blue-collar. Few competitors are within the immediate market area, but this business has an edge over its competitors in terms of customer service, cleanliness, and products. This business has built up its solid customer base that has been accumulated in the last 15 years of operation by not only providing a strong product line and exceptional customer service but also providing custom-design donuts that have differentiated themselves from the competition. After the current owner's acquisition, revenue and public awareness of this business have increased compared to the previous ownership, and the gross sales average of this donut shop was consistently around $30,000/month over the last several years before the pandemic and even after the pandemic, there has been slight decrease to $25,000/month but improving every month. Currently, some marketing is in place through social media outlets such as Facebook and Instagram, but more pro-active marketing methods need to be utilized to achieve maximum income capacity as well as growing the customer base beyond the immediate market area. Marketing efforts on delivery and take-out service including 3rd party delivery can greatly improve the sales as the demand for delivery and take-out service is growing than ever after the COVID-19 outbreak. Focusing on acquiring accounts and customers for catering from nearby corporate offices and headquarters, medical offices, car dealerships, schools, and churches can also have an immediate effect on the overall sales. A well-experienced buyer in this business will be able to reduce the significant payroll expense by not having to hire a full-time baker. This well-established donut shop is perfect for a family and is ready for a potential buyer to be actively involved in the business operation while marketing to grow the business to maximum income capacity.
Owner will provide a sufficient training for an agreed-upon period to make the transition into the business as seamless as possible.
The business is occupied in a 950 SF space of a retail strip center located in a prime location surrounded by many nationwide retail shops.
Competition is expected in this industry, but this business not only offers quality products in a wide variety of donuts and baked goods but also provides customized options for its ingredient and design to accommodate all kinds of customer's preferences.
Marketing efforts on increasing catering business to corporate offices and headquarters, medical offices, car dealership, and churches nearby can also significantly improve the sales as the catering business remain untapped. A friendly, fluent English speaker at the register moving forward will also help the business's operation flow much smoother, allowing this business to enhance customer service.
100% down at the time of closing or 50% Cash Down with SBA Financing for Qualified Buyers with Industry Experience.